Honey Oat Bread (Bread Machine)
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups white bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Combine ingredients in breadmaker per your manufacturer's instructions.
- You can replace 2 cups white bread flour with 2 cups whole wheat flour but include 1 tbsp vital wheat gluten (the original recipe suggested this).
- Makes a moist, sweet loaf.
- NOTE: cook time is for the basic/white cycle (medium crust; 1½ lb loaf) using a BreadmanPlus bread machine; your machine may differ.
Join The Conversation
Second time making this. I used KA All-Purpose flour and substituted 1/3 cup of the flour with whole wheat flour and added some Vital Wheat Gluten. I brushed the top with some melted butter and sprinkled with oats, but a lot of them fell off when I removed the loaf from the pan and they taste burnt, so not sure how others do this. The original loaf came out very nice, slightly sweet, and very soft inside.