Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe by Mrs. Anna Marie Yoder of the Lakeshore,MI Amish community.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 5 cups corn flakes cereal, crushed to make 1 1/2 cups of crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine melted butter with flour, salt, pepper and herbs.
- Place cereal crumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces in the butter mixture then roll in crumbs.
- Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until golden brown.
Very nice comfort food. We especially liked the marjoram.
Will make this again.It was very tasty.