BJ's Restaurant Parmesan Crusted Chicken
BJ's Restaurant/Brewhouse has the best parmesan crusted chicken, and with this recipe you can enjoy it at home!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Japanese-style bread crumbs (panko)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Lemon Chardonnay Butter Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup salted butter
- 1⁄4 cup Chardonnay wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups heavy cream
- light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons minced sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Make brine for chicken by dissolving salt with chicken broth in a medium bowl. Cover chicken breasts with plastic wrap and pound each one to about 1/2 inch thick with a kitchen mallet. If breasts are large, you can cut them in half. Add flattened chicken to brine. cover and chill for 3 hours.
- When chicken has marinated, remove the fillets from brine and dab with paper towels to remove excess liquid. Beat eggs in a medium bowl, and pour flour onto a plate. Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in another medium bowl. To bread the chicken, first coat each fillet with flour, then egg, and then the Parmesan mixture. Let the breaded fillets rest for a bit on a plate in your fridge while preparing the Chardonnay butter sauce.
- 3. Make chardonnay butter sauce by melting butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add wine and simmer 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice, sugar and salt and then add cream. Simmer on low heat for 10-12 minutes, until thicker.
- Add enough oil to cover the bottom of a large saute pan, and heat over medium/low until hot. You can check the heat of the oil by dropping a bread crumb into it. If it starts to sizzle, your oil is ready. Saute each breaded chicken fillet in oil for 4-5 minutes per side or until brown. Remove fillets to a paper towel-covered plate until ready to serve. Serve each fillet with a couple of tsp of butter sauce spooned over the top. Pile a tbsp of Parmesan cheese on top of each fillet, followed by 1 heaping teaspoon of minced sun dried tomatoes, and a tbsp of basil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My husband Mom for lunch at BJ’s restaurant period for a weeks he was not able to quit talking about the “Parmesan crusted chicken“. One day he said you know you can make it at home. The waitress told me that the recipe is online. Well, I found it on food.com. Went and bought all the ingredients. Planned to allow a day to make “something special“ .OMG was I glad that he asked me to make that. It was sooo good! And the recipe must be right on. Now he thinks I am the best cook ever. It was so good! I did thicken the sauce a little, as was suggested. Thanks to food.com.Reply
Came out pretty great the first time I tried it! I want to say even better than BJ's! For the sauce I didn't have heavy cream so I used whole milk, flour and some more butter to create a roux in order to thicken the sauce and it turned out great. I also made their white cheddar mashed potatoes and a roasted fennel recipe I picked up online and it was a fantastic dinner!1Reply
see 1 more