Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Fingers
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- olive oil or vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese style breadcrumbs)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped grated fresh parsley (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 egg whites
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- Place a rack in the top third of the oven. Heat oven to 425°F Set a wire rack on a baking sheet and coat rack lightly with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley (if using), and pepper. In another shallow bowl, whisk together mustard and egg whites until frothy and opaque. Dip each chicken tender in egg white mixture, then in breadcrumb mixture to coat all sides. Place on prepared rack.
- Spritz top of each tender lightly and evenly with cooking spray, then turn and repeat on the other side. Bake until crumb coating is golden brown and crisp and chicken is no longer pink at the center, 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.