1/1 Photo of Amish Cabbage & Potato Casserole
2 hrs 20 mins
This recipe intrigued me because I'm drawn to Amish cooking. Although I really liked it just as written (it's tasty comfort food), I believe it has the potential to be tweaked by just the right Zaar chef to make it a winner in the inexpensive-yet-delicious category (if there is one)...So have at it, Zaar chefs!!! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown ground chuck, onions and garlic in a skillet. Drain. Mix in catsup and set aside.
- 2In a 2 quart baking dish, layer 1/2 of the cabbage, then 1/2 of the potatoes, and salt & pepper to taste.
- 3Layer the Velveeta cheese slices on top.
- 4Then spread on all of the meat mixture.
- 5Add another layer of the cabbage, then another layer of potatoes and salt & pepper to taste. Arrange pats of butter evenly on top.
- 6Pour milk over entire casserole and bake, COVERED, for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours in a preheated 350 degree oven.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amish Cabbage & Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 858.4
- Calories from Fat 450
- Total Fat 50.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 179.4 mg
- Sodium 853.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 42.8 g