Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From 1001 Best Slow Cooker Recipes. This could be OAMC if you don't add the pasta before freezing. No tomatoes.
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 lb chicken, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked alphabet pasta
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients except pasta, salt and pepper in slow cooker; cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Add pasta during the last 20 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Very good chicken soup. It's tasty and a hit with the kids because of the alphabet pasta. (I think any shaped noodle would work if you don't have alphabets). I used boneless skinless chicken thighs; maybe a bit more than 1 lb. Loved how easy this was to make. Thanx!