Recipe by Suzanne S.
This is from Food Network, and it is a dip, but I think of it almost as a fondue. It was runnier than I expected. The flavor was good, but I encourage you to spice it up to you taste!
- kosher salt
- 2 (10 ounce) bags spinach, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, plus more for serving
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup frozen artichoke heart, thawed, squeezed dry and roughly chopped
- tortilla chips and salsa, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Stir in the spinach and cook until bright green, about 30 seconds. Drain and rinse under cold water; squeeze out the excess moisture, then finely chop.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until the onion is soft, about 2 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, about 1 minute. Whisk in the milk and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, parmesan and sour cream.
- Return the pot to medium heat. Add the spinach, cheddar and artichokes and stir until the cheese melts and the dip is heated through. Serve warm with tortilla chips, salsa and sour cream.