Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Found this recipe in an old Ideals magazine!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole almonds
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- Butter a large bowl.
- In a quart saucepan, combine sugars, syrup, water and salt.
- Cook to 235 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Add almonds; cook to 250 degrees stirring occasionally.
- Continue cooking to 295 degrees, stirring occasionally.
- Add butter; stir until melted and completely blended into the syrup mixture.
- Remove from heat.
- Add half the popcorn.
- Stir syrup up from the bottom of the pan, coating corn well.
- Pour remaining popcorn into the buttered bowl.
- Pour mixture over the popcorn in the bowl; stir until all corn is covered and almonds are evenly distributed.
- Spread mixture onto a cold buttered surface; break apart with a fork.
YUMBO!! I made as directed but didnt measure the popcorn...just added until I had the coverage I was after. Keeps well in a good sealed container. Thanks for sharing, it went down a treat with the whole family.