Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious and easy recipe from Grain-Free Gourmet by Jodi Bager and Jenny Lass. I use a frozen three berry mix.
- 2 cups blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups almond meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 325°F
- In a small saucepan, simmer the berries with the water until the berries release their juice and the mixture has thickened slightly. Let cool.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet ingredients (berries too) in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
- Evenly fill each baking cup with the batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Horribly bland - don't make these. I tried one and threw the whole batch out and promptly made Paleo's carrot banana muffins, which I have made before. They're full of flavor and delicious.
Great with a mashed banana, 1 tbs oil--to hold together and moisten.. and instead of honey I used Splenda. Held together perfectly and are delicious! Not same fluffy texture as regular blueberry muffins--but still wonderful!
Like the first reviewer, I have never cooked with almond flour, and these were very good. I did not drain the water and the frozen blueberries after cooking and cooling and the finished texture was quite nice and they held together well. They were done in 25 minutes. Why doesn't the nutritional data include the almond flour, though?