Recipe by Saraghina
Delicious and easy recipe from Grain-Free Gourmet by Jodi Bager and Jenny Lass. I use a frozen three berry mix.
Top Review by dsimon1234
Horribly bland - don't make these. I tried one and threw the whole batch out and promptly made Paleo's carrot banana muffins, which I have made before. They're full of flavor and delicious.
- 2 cups blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups almond meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F
- In a small saucepan, simmer the berries with the water until the berries release their juice and the mixture has thickened slightly. Let cool.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet ingredients (berries too) in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
- Evenly fill each baking cup with the batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.