Saskatoon Berry Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda, and
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups saskatoon berries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Soak rolled oats in orange juice.
- Stir the dry ingredients together. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
- Pour in the rolled oats mixture and the saskatoon berries.
- Fold together being careful not to overmix.
- Spoon the mixture into 12 large muffin cups. Mix the last measurement of sugar and the cinnamon together and spoon on top.
- Bake at 375F for 18 to 20 minutes.
Join The Conversation