Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Arkansas Favorites Cookbook. Wrapped up in decorated cellophane, this would make a nice gift!
- Line bottom and sides of an 8 or 9-inch pan with aluminum foil.
- Spray lightly with non stick spray; set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a 10-inch skillet.
- Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil until mixture turn golden brown, 5-6 minutes.
- Quickly spread in prepared pan.
- Cool 15 minutes and break into bite sized pieces.
This is WONDERFULLY delicious ~ I made it for gifts and put it in little decorative Christmas tins. I'm wondering if the recipe could use a bit less butter though, as it seemed very greasy when it was finished cooling. I took the crunch out and set it on a paper towel (before I broke it apart) ~ it absorbed quite a bit of grease. It DID NOT taste greasy, but it was mighty slippery before I 'blotted' it. So when I make this again tonight :D I will cut the butter a bit. Wonderful flavor and a huge hit with the DH. Thanks PrimQuilter ~ made for ZAAR COOKBOOK TAG, December 2009!