Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A easy recipe and makes the house smell so good.
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 4 carrots, cut in chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 -3 stalks celery, cut in chunks
- 2 -3 medium potatoes, cut in chunks
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 dash thyme
- 1 dash oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Stir all ingredients together in crock pot.
- Cover and cook all day on low.
- About 8 to 10 hours depending on the crock pot.
I made this today and while it did smell very good, I was disappointed in the results. It is MUCH more SOUP like than STEW like. If you want a true beef stew, look for another recipe.
This is a delicious recipe for a busy day. I made as directed without any changes or modifications. Thanks for posting, Kim!