All Day Beef Stew
Easy no-brainer. Have a hearty dinner waiting for you when you get home in the evening.
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 4 carrots, cut in chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 -3 stalks celery, cut in chunks
- 2 -3 medium potatoes, cut in chunks
- 1 medium turnip, cut in small chunks or diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes or (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 dash thyme
- 1 dash oregano
- 1 pinch salt or 1 pinch salt substitute
- 1 low-sodium beef bouillon cube
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Stir all ingredients together in slow cooker/crockpot.
- Cover and cook all day on low.
- Stir gently and serve with green veggies.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was very good. I made this last night for dinner and we served it on mashed potatoes. I omitted the potatoes in the stew because of the mashed potatoes. Also, I added a slurry to thicken it the last hour of cooking and used fresh thyme and oregano in place of the dried. Thank you so much for sharing.Reply
see 43 more