1/1 Photo of All-American Potato Salad
I have a real weakness for potato salads and especially for those without pickles, relish or sugar. This one, from a recipe newsletter, is a little tangy and quite good, I think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In 4-quart saucepan, place potatoes and enough water to cover; heat to boiling over high heat.
- 2Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- 3Meanwhile, in large bowl, with wire whisk, mix vinegar, oil, mustard, pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- 4Drain potatoes. Add hot potatoes to bowl with vinaigrette; gently stir with rubber spatula to combine. Let stand until cool. In small bowl, with wire whisk, mix mayonnaise, milk, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt until smooth.
- 5Add mayonnaise mixture, celery, and red onion to potatoes. Gently stir with rubber spatula to combine.
- 6Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for All-American Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.9
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 425.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 2.8 g