Bavarian German Potato Salad
My husband is from Munich and hates American "Mayonaise" based potato Salads. He also doesn't like bacon in his potatoe salad, so this is a vegetarian version, we've had this in and around Bavaria so it's pretty authentic.
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced thin
- 5 -6 radishes, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 -8 cups potatoes, sliced cooked peeled
- Slice and cook potatoes, place in serving bowl.
- Slice radishes and cucumbers, pour over potatoes in serving bowl.
- chop onion, fry with butter and flour in small fry pan.
- Add cider vinegar and water, allow to thicken.
- Pour hot onion & liquid mixture over potatoes, cucumber and radish, stir together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION