Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was in the local paper a while back. Simple and very good. This does make a small batch but easily doubled or tripled for more servings.
- 3⁄4 lb red potatoes, washed
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup sweet onion, minced
- 1⁄3 cup diced celery
- Cut unpeeled potatoes into 1/2 or 3/4 inch pieces. Place in saucepan; cover with cold water. Simmer 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove 2 Tbs cooking water from saucepan. Add to serving bowl; mix with vinegar, mustard and oil.
- Stir in onion and celery.
- Drain potatoes; add to bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss well to coat potatoes.
Made to go along with Sloppy Joes for lunch. Really good flavor. A little bit more onion than I care for so will probably cut that in half next time. Very quick to make. Thank you for posting. Made for My 3 Chefs 2008