Recipe by Adie
This recipe comes from a cookbook made by the women of my synagogue in the early 1970's. This is one of the best dishes - perfect for a winter meal over rice or mashed potatoes.
Top Review by missy2m
These wre very good but I think the next time I make these I will cut back on the sugar. Just a tad too sweet for me and increase the vinegar a smidge. Otherwise made as instructed and you cannot get any easier than this!!
- 5 lbs beef short ribs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 3⁄4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut ribs into 2 inch lengths.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and roll ribs until coated. Place in a large roasting pan with a lid.
- Arrange in a large casserole and cover with sliced onions.
- Mix together the catsup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, sugar and water. Pour over ribs.
- Cover and bake in a slow oven, 300 degrees, for 3 hours.