Recipe by Marsha D.
This recipe comes from the Michael Thurman Six Week Body Makeover Diet Program. I wanted to make sure I have this recipe somewhere where I can find it in case I lose my recipe card. It's really a delicious recipe with a ingredient I never thought of using to hold the meatloaf together along with the regular egg whites. I use Elaine's Rice Pilaf for my rice.
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup white rice, cooked
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup tomato sauce (no sodium added)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme (I use basil )
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly chopped fresh parsley (I use 1Tbs. Parsley flakes)
- 1⁄4 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground turkey, onion, celery, and minced garlic.
- Add in the spices, oregano,thyme,black pepper, and parsely. Mix up well.
- Blend in the cooked rice, egg whites and 1 cup of tomato sauce.
- Place in a lightly greased loaf pan. (May need 2 loaf pans depending on how big your loaf pan is).
- Spread 1/4 cup tomato sauce over top of meatloaf.
- Bake uncovered for 1 1/4 hours.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving.