1/1 Photo of A Different Macaroni Salad
I am a Thousand Island addict, I use it on everything, so eventually it made it's way into a Macaroni Salad. Don't be disturbed by it's pink appearance. =o)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup thousand island dressing
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (separate the yolk from the white after they’ve been boiled)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (not from concentrate)
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard (I use dijon)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked per package instructions,drained (shells can be used too of course!)
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped green peppers or 1 cup red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1Combine first 6 ingredients, in this step include only the egg yolks leaving the whites.
- 2This is your sauce.
- 3Chop the whites of the eggs.
- 4Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 5Cover, chill (I always top this with a sprinkle of paprika).
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Different Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.9
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 182.6 mg
- Sodium 767.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 12.4 g