I am a Thousand Island addict, I use it on everything, so eventually it made it's way into a Macaroni Salad. Don't be disturbed by it's pink appearance. =o)
- 1 cup thousand island dressing
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (separate the yolk from the white after they’ve been boiled)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (not from concentrate)
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard (I use dijon)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked per package instructions,drained (shells can be used too of course!)
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped green peppers or 1 cup red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- Combine first 6 ingredients, in this step include only the egg yolks leaving the whites.
- This is your sauce.
- Chop the whites of the eggs.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover, chill (I always top this with a sprinkle of paprika).
I made this salad especially for my mom who loves thousand island dressing. This was easy to make and the taste was interesting. I chilled it for about 3 hours before serving but the leftovers the next day tasted even better. Thanks for posting-hope you like the photo!
Can't find creametts in florida, This is the recipe we use all the time, can't wait til it gets cooler outside so i could put my oven on .
My Dh loves thousand island dressing, so we had to try. He gave it 5 stars definately. It almost tasted like a store made noodle salad dressing. Was really easy. I'm thinking it might be good with potatoes, too. I'll let you know.