Easy Potluck Macaroni Salad
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni, cooked, rinsed, and drained
- 1⁄3 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion, soaked in water for 5 minutes and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 cup diced vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl combine the macaroni, red pepper, carrot, onion, parsley and tomato.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, sour cream and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for several hours or over night.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a fantastic macaroni salad! I just found out my BF loves macaroni salad (I'd never made it before, LOL)! I used whole wheat elbows, went heavy on the veggies, used an olive oil based low-fat mayo and a thick Greek yogurt, also low fat, instead of the sour cream. I only left this for an hour in the fridge and it was great! I soaked the onions but I didn't think it was necessary. Thanks!
This GREAT MAC SALAD was so easy to prepare & took a lot less than the 20 minutes indicated! I did change things just a little by using honey Dijon mustard; 6 cherry tomatoes cut in half, which, I know, made more than just 1/2 cup; & I substituted lemon pepper for the S&P ~ Nothing major, just different, & still a wonderful recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my Vegetarian swapmates in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap #7]