Recipe by MizzNezz
We have trouble eating up a large cake, I end up throwing out a lot. So here is my answer to that problem. This makes a 9 inch round, simply delicious cake that I know you will love. And it's easy to make, so you can always have a fresh one.
Top Review by M&Mers
MizzNezz, this was, indeed, excellent! Easy and quick to put together...and just the right size for a party of 4! I usually tweak recipes even just a little to suit our own personal tastes but I didn't change a thing when I made this cake (although next time I might use Kahlua instead of the water!). I even baked it for exactly 45 minutes! I don't know if it was suppose to turn out this way, but the texture of the cake was pleasantly fudgey! I will absolutely be making this again and again! Thanks for a great recipe! M&Mers
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350*.
- Melt the 3 T butter in a 9 inch round cake pan.
- Stir in the brown sugar and water.
- Sprinkle with coconut and pecans.
- Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, brown sugar, and baking powder.
- Add milk, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat on med for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Loosen the sides and invert onto cake plate.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips while still warm.