Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I am a garlic-lover! Don't worry, the garlic gets mellow when cooked, yet has wonderful flavour.
- 25 cloves garlic
- 1 large leek
- 8 potatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche
- Peel garlic.
- Cut the leek in chunks.
- Peel potatoes and cut in chunks.
- Boil the vegetable broth with tomato paste and herbes.
- Add garlic, leek and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low heat for appr 40 minutes.
- Puree the soup (in a blender or by hand).
- Add creme fraiche and heat soup for 1 minute.
I tweeked this a bit by adding the whole can of tomato paste and a bit of hotsauce. I also used yogurt instead of creme fraiche. It was terrific. Nice thick comfort type soup. Thanks Chef Dudo
A very filling soup, and just right for a cold winter's night.
Unfortunately I can only give this 5 stars. It is so wonderful! The garlic of course produces a wonderful mellow flavor. I used my blender to puree the soup. Served with Parmesan and Basil Scones #95807 for a wonderful first course.