- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 cups chopped onions
- 3⁄4 cup peeled garlic (about 30)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 small bay leaf
- 3 slices bread, torn into pieces (I use whatever I have leftover. French Bread and Focaccia both work wonderfully)
- Melt butter in large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic; cover and cook until onions are tender but not brown, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Add flour; stir 2 minutes.
- Add broth, half and half, Sherry, thyme and bay leaf; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered until garlic is very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Working in batches, puree soup with bread in blender until smooth.
- Return to pot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Rewarm soup over medium heat; serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food, felines, vino, photography