Traditional Maltese soup. Cheese is supposed to be gbejniet but I think you could substitute Mozzarella for the gbejniet.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2⁄3 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 kohlrabi, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup broad bean
- 1 cup peas
- 1 small cauliflower, cut up
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 6 small cheese
- Heat butter and oil in saucepan and saute onion, garlic, and parsley.
- Add rest of ingredients except cheese. Use enough chicken stock to cover vegetables.
- Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, cover and cook until vegetables are just cooked, 15-20 minutes.
- Add cheese and submerge for a few minutes to warm cheese.
- Serve soup with one cheese per bowl. Garnish with parsley if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION