- Ready In:
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (or use a combination of oil and butter)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (or 3-4 cloves of chopped, fresh garlic)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning (or use 2-3 tb of chopped, fresh basil, parsley, oregano and thyme)
- Boil the pasta al-dente, drain and place in a large bowl.
- Mix all other ingredients in a small bowl, add to pasta.
- adjust seasonings and oil to taste.
- serve with parmesian cheese and bread.
Join The Conversation
I made this last night and it was delicious! I used about 1/2 stick of melted butter, 1/4 cup olive oil and then I added about 1/4 cup of starchy pasta water after the noodles were done. I put the cooked spaghetti, the butter/olive oil/starch and the seasonings back into the pan and sauteed it together on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes. It was wonderful, really melded the flavors together! Next time I may decrease the italian seasoning to 1/2 tablespoon (personal preference) and do 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder with 1/2 tablespoon of garlic salt. It would be great with a few red pepper flakes too!
Great Recipe! I used about half the oil recommended and didn't have a smidgen of garlic, but it was still very tasty with lots of feta cheese in there. This is the perfect dish for nights when you A) don't feel like cooking AT ALL or, B) you don't have much to cook with... either way, a godsend. Thanks!!!