Warm (Or Cold) Potato Salad
photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- Scrub the unpeeled red potatoes under running water and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Place in sauce pan with eggs and enough water to cover both by about 1/2 inch.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and boil for 11 minutes.
- Peel and chop hard boiled eggs and add to potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in mayo, using enough to coat all the potatoes evenly. Add mustard and stir to distribute.
- Salt and pepper to taste. I use a lot of salt. Serve warm within the hour or chill for later.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is such a wonderful basic recipe for potato salad! Marg is right, it is equally good warm or cold. I made as directed, using hard boiled eggs I already had on hand and making my own additions of minced celery, sweet pickle relish, chopped green onion and a little crumbled crisp bacon. I mixed the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, adding the salt and freshly ground pepper before adding to the salad. The results were so good when I did my taste test, I had to take a couple forks full! This delicious recipe I will use again and again! Thank you, Marg (CaymanDesigns)!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the changes to the email notifications and removal of private messaging, I am no longer able to respond to questions about my recipes. Yet another feature change that has made the website less user friendly. It's sad to watch a fantastic site deteriorate over the years. Some of my recipes are on my blog.