VEGETABLE SEEKH KEBABS
photo by antonetroajer
- Ready In:
- 1 . 2 no potato
- 2 . 0 . 50 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 3 . 1 cup cabbage, finely chopped
- 4 . 0 . 50 cup sweet peas
- 5 . 0 . 50 cup onions, finely chopped
- 6 . 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 7 . 1 . 50 tsp salt (to taste)
- 8 . 1 tsp red chili powder
- 9 . 1 tsp coriander powder
- 10 . 1 tsp lemon juice
- 11 . 1 tsp garam masala
- 12 . 2 tbsp besan flour (Chickpea)
- 13 . 0 . 50 cup breadcrumbs
- 14 . 5 no bamboo skewers
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Boil and mash the potatoes and sweet peas together until smooth without leaving any chunks. In a wide plate spread the bread crumbs and keep it ready.
- Preheat the conventional oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and grease the baking sheet with oil.
- In a pan, heat oil, add finely chopped onion and cook until the onion becomes soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until the ginger garlic paste loses its raw smell.
- Add finely chopped carrot, cabbage and cook until the vegetables become tender.
- Roast the besan flour separately for a couple of minutes over a medium heat until the besan flour loses its raw smell.
- Combine boiled and mashed potatoes, sweet peas, cooked vegetables, roasted besan flour, lemon juice, salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala and mix well.
- Divide into small portions and mold the veggies mixture around the bamboo skewers evenly.
- Roll the kebabs on the bread crumbs gently and arrange on a greased baking sheet with 2-inch space between each kebab.
- Spray the cooking oil on the kebabs and bake in a pre-heated 400 degrees oven for 20 minutes and turn the kebabs to the other side, spray cooking oil and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Turn on the broil mode and broil the kebabs for another 2 minutes. Serve the vegetable kebabs with ketchup or with any of your favorite sides.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!