BBQ Chicken Yakitori Kebabs
photo by Vicki in CT
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 500 g skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 large green capsicum, seeded and cut into 30 small cubes
- 4 large spring onions, cut across into 30 pieces
- 3 tablespoons shoyu (Japanese Soy Sauce) or 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sake or 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons clear honey
- Place the shoyu/soy, sake or sherry, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and honey in a shallow dish and stir together to mix. Add the chicken pieces and spoon the marinade over them. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the barbecue flat plate. Soak 30 small bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 mins, to provent them from burning on the barbecue.
- Thread about 2 pieces of chicken onto the skewers, alternating with one piece of capsicum and one of spring onions, threaded widthways.
- Cook the kebabs for about 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through, turning from time to time and brushing with the marinade.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used dry sherry and soy sauce in this. We didn't have any ginger, so I also skipped that. I didn't have the green capsicum or onions, but I put the chicken in grill baskets with red, orange and green peppers and a few chopped up onions and grilled them. This meal was FABULOUS! It's a definite repeat in our house!
I marinated the chicken in the refrigerator overnight and then cooked it on the barbeque. It was absolutely wonderful! My entire family loved it. There was supposed to be leftovers for another dish, but it was all eaten up in record time. I will make this often. Thanks for sharing this excellent recipe.
see 5 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm not around.. If you have tried my recipes and given them a review and photo.. Thank you... If your after a freebie with one of my photos or recipes to make a publication with it and use it as your own. Please don't ask, the answer is no! If you take them, then your stealing... Stealing is bad and against the law.