Tuscan White Bean Crostini
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 30 ounces white beans, rinsed and drained (such as Great Northern or cannellini)
- 1⁄2 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 18 slices French bread, about 1/4 inch thick
- Combine beans, bell pepper and onion in large bowl.
- Whisk together vinegar, parsley, oil, garlic, oregano and black pepper in small bowl.
- Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover; refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Arrange bread slices in single layer on large nonstick baking sheet or broiler pan.
- Broil, 6 to 8 inches from heat, 30 to 45 seconds or until bread slices are lightly toasted.
- Remove; cool completely.
- Top each toasted bread slice with about 3 T. bean mixture.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello! I am in Nebraska with three of my four children and a husband of 20 yrs.(the fourth child is in the Army stationed at Fort Bragg) I get to be a stay home mom and LOVE it.(which gives me time to look for new recipes...LOL) We like to camp, play sports,watching movies and lots more. I have a fairly large collection of recipe books, but then you can't ever have enough...right? I came across this site(recipezaar) and instantly fell in love with it. I am sooooo glad I found it.<img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg alt= /> <img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/CameraLesschef-STICKER.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/Copyoftag300-banner.jpg border=0 alt=Susie's Banner for Newest Zaar Tag /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/NZT-2-AnnaciasZaarTagbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Annacia's banner for Zaar Tag /></p>