Tuna and Avocado Salad
- 2 large eggs, hard-boiled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce
- 1 cup mashed avocado (1 ripe avocado)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, to taste (Best Foods, Hellmann\'s, or Vegenaise)
- 2 tablespoons dill relish
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Peel eggs and mash really well with a fork (more or less mince them).
- Peel, pit, and cube the ripe avocado, then place in bowl.
- Add the fresh lemon juice (helps keep the avocado from discoloring) and mash really well with a fork.
- Mix the egg mixture together with the avocado mixture and stir well.
- Drain water from tuna and mix with onions, avocado/egg mixture, dill relish, salt, hot sauce, and mayonnaise.
- Serve over lettuce.
Join The Conversation
Makes a delicious lunch! I made this for my boyfriend--and he loved it! I put his favorite--Tabasco Sauce--in it, and it was delicious. I just put one tablespoon of mayo and it was sufficiently wet. It would still taste good without mayo, for a healthier option. I made a tuna avocado wrap with a bed of spinach and a spinach whole wheat pita wrap. Kept us full for hours!
I thought this was excellent! I wanted this to be a generous meal for 2 with leftovers for lunch tomorrow. So, I doubled the tuna, left the avocado the same and 1 1/2 everything else. It was delicious and very moist despite using less mayo than I typically do. I also used omega eggs so this was really healthy...lots of omegas and good fats! This might be my new go-to tuna recipe. Thanks for the great recipe....
I used 1/2 recipe, added extra water to make it more fluid, and used it as a dressing over 1/2 head of lettuce. Very good large salad. I misread the instructions but it worked out very well. ADDED: I have now done this three times and it gets better and better. I make the sauce in advance and refrigerate for 2 hours to let the tastes mix together.
Very good recipe. Made a nice tuna sandwich. I used a food processor to grind up the avocado and onion together and added in 1 clove of garlic. Then used the food processor to grind up the eggs and mixed the eggs and avocado together with the rest of the ingredients - this made it much easier. I will use again. Thank you Julesong!