Imitation Crab (Surimi) and Avocado Salad
photo by Tom G.
- Ready In:
- 1 california avocado
- 8 ounces surimi (Crab flavor)
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Shred surimi and place in bowl.
- Slice avocado in half and twist to open. Carefully Lodge a knife in the seed and twist to remove.
- Score avocado into 1 inch by 1 inch sections and spoon into bowl.
- Add tomato, onion slivers, and cilantro.
- Squeeze 1/2 lime over the salad.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir well and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've had variations of this before, but never thought to add the crab. I really enjoyed and found it quite filling even though I only used 4 oz of crab. I did tweak the recipe a bit. I don't care for raw onions in something this mild, so I swapped it out for some greek olives which added a comparable level of flavor punch. I also used lemon instead of lime as I realized I didn't have lime in the house. Very tasty!
see 12 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My wife and I live just outside of Atlanta, GA. Two daughters live in town, one with my two grandsons. My son is living in California. I'm a retired environmental manager at a manufacturing facility. My Mom and Dad would have loved this site. Dad was a huge collector of recipes and was in the food industry. Mom was a terrific cook as well. Another influence was a roommate at the Universtiy of Arkansas that was an excellent cook. Today I enjoy barbecuing and grilling year round and cooking in general. My latest adventure is in bread baking. I'm loving it and going to school on it right here on the bread forum. I'm active in a terrific church and also love fly fishing and fly tying.