TOMATO CHIPOTLE JAM - JAM MAKER
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
4 1/2 pints
- 3 cups diced tomatoes, blossom end & stem removed (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons pectin (Ball Real Fruit Classic)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- SPRINKLE pectin evenly over bottom of the Pot fitted with the Stirrer. Add diced tomatoes, chopped chipotle peppers and adobo sauce evenly over pectin. Add butter/margarine to help reduce foaming.
- PRESS Jam button – the cook time will automatically default to 21 minutes. Press Enter.
- WAIT 4 minutes for appliance to sound 4 short beeps indicating that it is time to add sugar. Add sugar gradually while Stirrer continues running. Place the Glass Lid on the Pot.
- THE APPLIANCE will continue to automatically stir your ingredients while it cooks. Stay within earshot of the Jam & Jelly Maker, the appliance will beep again at the end of the process signaling jam cooking is complete. Press Cancel, unplug the appliance and immediately remove Glass Lid.
- REMOVE Stirrer using a pot holder. Skim foam, if necessary, from top of jam.
- Can be used right away, refrigerated, or process jars that is filled to 1/4 inch head space in a hot water canner for 10 minutes, covered with one inch of water.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!