Tomato and Marinated Baby Bocconcini Appetizers
photo by Chef floWer
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, fresh can be used if finely shredded
- 16 bambino bocconcini (can substitute 8 regular size bocconcini -cut in half orr cherry bocconcini)
- 16 leaves rocket
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 16 toothpicks
- Combine the oil, vinegar and basil in a medium bowl. Add the cheese and toss to coat in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain cheese and discard the marinade.
- Wrap each cheese in a piece of rocket.(The larger rocket leaves work best ). Place on top of a tomato half and spear with a toothpick.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
**Jubes** you have a great mouthwatering, visually pleasing (we do eat with our eyes first right?) appetizers. I marinaded the tomatoes with the bocconcini cheese (not sure it made a difference unless I was to perhaps prick each cherry tomato with a toothpick first). Served these at my DH's 40th b-day party, placed them on the table, turned around and they were all gone! Will definitely add this to my future appetizer menu. Thank you so very much!
These are so cute and perfect for any elegant dinner party. They are easy to prepare finger food and it only took me less then five minutes to put together. I made these for hubby and Little Miss (DD) and they loved them they both said they were yummy, I would also like to have tried them but I'm have been having tummy problems and need to say away from dairy. Thank you **Jubes** - *Made for Zaar World Tour 4*
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Aussie Mum - gluten-free