- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 5 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup masa harina
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons milk
- In a medium bowl, mix together the margarine, masa flour, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- In a food processor or blender, blend one cup of the corn kernels with the water and cornmeal just until smooth. Stir this mixture into the masa mixture. Mix in the remaining corn, baking powder, salt, and milk until the batter is smooth. Pour into an 8x8 inch glass baking dish.
- Place the baking dish over a large saucepan of simmering water. Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil, and steam for 50 to 60 minutes, or until firm. Check water occasionally, and refill if necessary. Stir pudding before serving to give it a consistent texture. Serve in small scoops.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Missouri born and bred. Raised in a family of awesome cooks and bakers! I love to cook, bake breads, pies. Nothing makes me happier than to hear someone moan or sigh with delight while eating something I've made.