Tex-Mex Taco Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (1 teaspoon)
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn (undrained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (undrained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (undrained)
- 1 (28 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix (I like Hidden Valley)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (optional)
- cheddar cheese (to garnish) or Mexican blend cheese, grated (to garnish)
- In a Dutch oven or other large pot, over medium-high heat, brown ground beef with garlic until beef is crumbly; drain well.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for cheese, and stir.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer for 45-60 minutes (or combine all ingredients in crock pot and cook on LOW for 8 hours).
- Serve in bowls, if desired over broken tortilla chips.
- Top with grated cheese to garnish when serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is really good! Reminds me of a recipe I have, too. I didn't have kidney beans, so used two cans of "chili" beans instead--no one complained! Also, used Recipe #167319 dry ingredients and a squirt of fresh (store-bought) Ranch dressing too. And used my own home-made mix for taco seasoning, too (generous pinch of basil, oregano, parsley, about a tsp of garlic powder, and about 1 1/2 tsp of chili powder, 1 T dried, minced onion)--much cheaper than store-bought--and tastier too! Added some sour cream and black olives for a garnish---yum! NOTE: This recipe WITHOUT the water isn't a soup at all....and if you want it soupy, it takes about 3 or 4 cups of water to get a soupy consistency. Definitely agree with your note in the description: better the next day! Yummy!!!! I'm going to freeze the leftovers (I've got a trip coming up before the end of the month---need some vittles on hand for the POOR family being left at home!!!)..... *Made for ZWT 3 US Regional*