A quick and easy one dish family pleaser that is like corn tortilla tacos, in a pan. Great with taco like toppings as a garnish.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- taco seasoning, 1 package
- cornbread mix, 1 package
- Heat oven to 400'.
- Combine beef, corn, onion, pepper, salsa, and taco seasoning in a bowl.
- Transfer to a greased 9x9 baking dish, cover.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare cornbread according to pkg.
- When 30 minutes cook time for beef mixture has passed, spread cornbread batter over beef, covering entirely.
- Bake, uncovered, another 20-25 minutes or until corn bread is golden brown.
- Top with sour cream, shredded cheddar, olives, etc.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made something very close to this exact recipe the other night. Only I browned my meat on the stove with the onion, corn and taco seasoning. I only used about 4 tablespoons of the salsa but then i added a can of rotels diced tomatoes with green chilies in it. I also added 3 dashes of crushed cayenne pepper to help add a little heat to the meat. (Okay...i also sprinkled some garlic powder on my meat as it was cooking. My fiancee loves garlic powder on most everything). After it was done, i spread the cornbread mixture on top. I also added about a 1/4 cup of honey to sweeten the cornbread for a contrast to the spicey meat. I cooked as directed by the Jiffy box of cornbread. Then it was served with salsa and low fat sour cream on the side.Reply