Teresa's Stuffed Flounder
photo by DarlaDoom
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in fry pan/skillet over moderate heat.
- Saute celery, scallions and garlic.
- Remove from heat and add bread crumbs, shrimp, crab and parsley.
- Season with salt/pepper and mix well.
- Spray baking dish with nonstick spray, or coat with melted butter (your choice).
- Place one half of the flounder filets in baking dish.
- Cover filets with stuffing mixture.
- Place remaining filets on top of stuffing to create individual stuffed flounders.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- ~NOTE~Cooking time may vary, depending on thickness of your fish filets.
- Test bottom filet for doneness-*should flake easily with a fork when done*.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
one of the best recipes from the zaar. I could not find real crabmeat in my store so i used the faux crabmeat by louis rich company. i also did not have a full cup of plain breadcrumbs on hand so i used 1/2 plain and 1/2 herb garlic crumbs. after placing the flounder in a glass baking dish as directed, i poured more melted butter over the top of the filets and sprinkled with a little paprika. didnt notice the bake at 375 so i baked at 350. uncovered after 35 minutes and then baked an additional 10 mins or so until the rest of the dinner was done. WOW! this was some great tasting fish. ITS A KEEPER FOR SURE.
see 9 more reviews
For some reason there was a large amount of liquid in the pan after baking the first time. I used fresh fish and instead of shrimp I used lobster meat I bought at Sam's club. I thought overall it had a bitter after taste, but was like by DH. I spinkled parmesan cheese over the stuffing before I put remaining fish on top. I think Maybe I don't like flounder- maybe will try with another type of fish next time.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Teresa, and I live in Lake Worth, Florida. I've been away from Zaar for a few years now..time sure flew! Lots has changed...some for the better, some not so much. I'm single again, and my cat, Stetson, passed away. Hopefully, I'll be around more and get back into the swing of things..I missed you guys!