Baked Stuffed Flounder
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus a little extra
- kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground, plus a little extra
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 10 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 lbs flounder fillets
- 3 cups leftover cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a medium saute pan over low heat.
- Add the onion and a pinch of salt and saute until translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add the spinach and lemon zest and cook until just heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add parlsey and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Combine the heavy cream and wine into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the mixture begins to simmer, gradually add the cheese a little at a time so you don't get clumps.
- Once all the cheese is melted into the sauce, set aside and keep warm.
- If the fillets are large - cut them in half.
- Season each filet on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Divide the spinach mixture evenly among the fillets and roll the fish around the mixture.
- Place the rice into a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish and spread evenly.
- Place each roll on top of the rice, seam-side down.
- Pour the cheese sauce over entire dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!