photo by wj15899
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1⁄2 cup Bulgar wheat (even a third would work)
- 2 cups water or 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finley chopped
- 1 cup onion, finley chopped
- 5 cups fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Soak bulgar wheat in 2 cups of water or chicken broth let soak overnight or use boiling water and let soak 1 hour.
- Rinse and drain wheat in tea strainer and pour in large bowl.
- Add oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, stirring well.
- Add chopped veggies, mix well, cover.
- Refrigerate 3 hours, stirring a few times.
- Serve with pita bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!