Sweet Potato Latkes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from The Complete Vegetarian Cookbook. These are really good! Eat them hot and the same day they are made. They get soggy if they sit. This is a variation of the traditional Jewish dish. I’m typing it up for ZWT II. Makes 12
- Ready In:
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled
- 1 lb potato, peeled
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Coarsely grate potatoes and drain well. Place potatoes in a mixing bowl with all remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Cover and leave to stand for 1 hour.
- Heat oil for shallow frying in a frying pan and drop large spoonfuls of the mixture as for small pancakes and fry until golden brown on both sides and cooked in the middle, about 5 minutes.
- Drain well on paper towels and keep hot until ready to serve. Eat immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION