Curried Sweet Potato Latkes
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne powder (I use less)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder, of your choice mild to hot
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk, enough to make a stiff batter
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and coarsely grated
- peanut oil (for frying)
- Mix the first eight ingredients together then add in the rest.
- If batter is too stiff, add a little more milk a tablespoon at a time.
- Preheat your frying pan. You can use a stove top or electric frying pan.
- Test the heat of your pan by cooking a single latke. When you have determined the right temperature for your pan then drop by spoonfuls into the heated frying pan with 1/4 inch of peanut or other good quality cooking oil.
- Flatten with back of spatula.
- Cook on each side until golden, and drain on paper towels.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!