Stuffed Tuna Salad Shells
photo by cchampion1974
- Ready In:
- 18 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1/4 cup salad dressing
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- Cook and drain pasta shells as directed on package;pat dry.
- Rinse frozen peas with cold water to separate;drain and pat dry.
- Mix yogurt and mayonnaise in medium bowl and stir in tuna, onion, lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Fold in peas.
- Spoon one heaping tablespoonful of mixture into each shell.
- Sprinkle with paprika before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Although hardly your traditional southern girl, I come from a huge southern family and have been cooking since I was eight years old. Cooking is more then a hobby, I genuinely get so much pleasure from cooking and providing the people I love with great food. I have to attest, that it truly IS the way to a man's heart! In my opinion, there is nothing more admirable to hold then the truest essence of a homemaker, or as the term is coined today "household engineer"! I am a licensed real estate agent working full-time from home and a soccer mom to my 9 year old son. I am a busy bee but somehow find time to indulge in some of my many passions: dancing, photography, sewing and interior design. Finding that perfect balance is what I strive to do everyday and so far so good. Happy Cooking<img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"><img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">