Perfect Whole Wheat Bread
photo by Sageca
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, blend
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 4 cups whole wheat bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Measure ingredients and follow your bread Machine instructions.
- I use Becel intead of butter.
- Select Dough cycle.
- When your machine is first kneading check to make sure you have enough water.
- Remove from machine and shape into 2 loaves.
- Bake in a preheated 400*oven for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat to 350* and bake another 20 minutes.
- After baking remove from pan and let cool on wire rack.
- I keep one out and freeze the other one.
- Innisfree gave this wonderful suggestion for rising bread and it WORKS!
- In microwave, heat up 1 cup of water to boiling and let it boil for about a minute. Carefully remove cup of boiling water and place bowl of dough in the microwave. No need to cover dough as the microwave stays moist like a proofing box.
- I leave the cup of water in the microwave and place my loaves in the microwave and in no time you have it ready for the oven.
- Good luck!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, read recipe books and food magazines,spend time in kitchen stores, grocery stores, gourmet shops, learning new cooking techniques, trying new kitchen gadgets,tasting exotic foods,enjoying a wonderful meal. I've always had a herb garden; now I have containers on my patio with my must have herbs. It seems, everything tastes better with fresh herbs!