Cheesy Chicken Tortellini
- Ready In:
- 1 (7 ounce) package dried cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin slices
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup romano cheese, grated
- Cook and drain tortellini as directed.
- While tortellini is cooking, heat oil in 3 quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Remove from saucepan; keep warm.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook bell pepper, shallots and garlic in butter, stirring frequently, until bell pepper is crisp-tender. Stir in flour and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly, remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Stir in mozzarella and swiss cheeses until melted. Stir in tortellini and chicken until coated. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Although a stone's throw away from the Golden Dome at Notre Dame, I went to Michigan State and am a true, die hard Spartan. Dubbed by my husband as a "messie chef", I love to cook and try new recipes out on my family. I also have quite a cookbook collection and practically read them like novels. What can I say, I love food and appreciate all kinds. I love to sample regional favorites on various trips. I'm also a mom of 2 wonderful girls...5 and 2 years old. I love the Rachael Ray and OAMC concepts so I'm able to spend more time with my family. <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/freezer.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"></a> <a href="http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/?action=view¤t=tish1.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/tish1.jpg" border="0" alt="Recipezaar Challenge 2008"></a>