photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 1 lb spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 teaspoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Check the spinach leaves and discard any leaves with blemishes. Cut large leaves into strips. Rinse the spinach and set aside.
- Over high heat, set a 6 quart sauce pot with 4 quarts of water. When water begins to boil, place the spinach in it, add a teaspoon of salt and blanch for 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon place the spinach in a colander and set aside.
- Combine the olive oil and the garlic in a 10 inch skillet and place over a medium heat. When the garlic turns golden in color, remove skillet from the heat.
- Combine the spinach with the garlic then place skillet back over medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender. Taste for salt, add crushed red pepper and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm one of the original members of RecipeZaar and an active member in the old forums. I loved meeting so many wonderful people from across the globe in what were truly amazing forums and during events on the site which encouraged interaction. I miss those forums and am saddened that this is now just another recipe collection site. I will always come back here as I have so many recipes saved of my own and tried many gems. I hope you are able to find something you like.</p>