Spinach Pasta Salad
A wonderful and light pasta salad. I serve in a bowl lined with fresh spinach leaves. I got this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces ziti pasta or 8 ounces rigatoni pasta, cooked,drained,and rinsed
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaf
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- In a blender combine spinach, basil, garlic, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Add oil and water, cover and blend until nearly smooth and mixture is a paste.
- Add mayo to the spinach mixture.
- Add to pasta and toss well to coat.
- Chill at least 4 hours covered.
- Can be made the day before.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this last night....excellent! I would suggest you purée the garlic with oil and water...then add the s/p and vegies....my blender left me with large chunks of garlic. I also suggest small garlic cloves unless you love garlic..had a bit leftover and squeezed lemon on it with more salt....a keeper!! Thanks for sharing...Reply
see 12 more