Halibut baked in cream
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs halibut steaks
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 2 very ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Lay halibut in a close-fitting, buttered, shallow baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper and pour cream over.
- Cover with tomatoes and top with onions; dot with butter.
- Cover dish tightly with foil and bake in a 375° for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and spoon cream over fish then continue baking for about 15 minutes, basting occasionally with the cream, until fish flakes easily.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh wow. Soooo good. The spinach goes really well and makes it nice and colourful. The only reason i'm not rating top is because i added parsley & organo, and i think the herbiness is key. Also I'd use less onion. Since my tomatoes weren't particularly ripe i added a teeny bit of sugar to them. On top of the absolute deliciousness, it was easy and very quick to prepare