Creamy, cheesy, beefy. A favorite one-dish family dinner at our house.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown beef, add mushrooms, garlic and oregano.
- Stir fry until mushrooms are light browned.
- Add spinach, heat until thawed and almost all juices have cooked away, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in soup, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into shallow casserole.
- Scatter cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
My family and I have been eating spinach Fandango for the past 40 years. If you put it on a bed of rice it tastes much better than just eating it like it comes out of the pan. I use cream of mushroom soup instead of the celery never heard of using cream of celery cream of mushroom just tastes awesome. I use Uncle Ben's boil in a bag rice. That is very simple to use Cooks easily and taste great doesn't stick.
I made this alot when my children were in elementary school. I haven't made it for several yrs, ( bonified senior citizen now) but my DH remembered and wanted it again. I was pleasantly surprised when I type in the name and it was here! yahoo! It is not a snappy flavored dish, more subtle but it is very good and one we never tired of. To crockpot it may leave it runny as the spinach and sour cream breaks down. It bakes up quickly in oven. Put it all together ahead of time. Does not freeze. I can almost taste it now. :)