Cheesy, Beefy Noodle Casserole W/Pepperoni
This was a pure scavenger hunt through the freezer, fridge and pantry! It came out really good! Perfect for a quick and easy weeknight supper!
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs ground sirloin or 2 lbs beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (26 ounce) jar Ragu parmesan and romano spaghetti sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon oregano
- sliced pepperoni
- In deep skillet, saute beef, onion, salt and pepper, herbs and garlic til done. Drain grease if any.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and mushrooms.
- Heat to a very low simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni noodles til just about done. Drain well, do not rinse.
- Stir cooked noodles into sauce.
- Pour into greased 13x9-inch glass casserole dish.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and oregano.
- Top with pepperoni slices.
- Bake in 350ºF oven for 30-35 minutes til cheese is done to your liking.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Pretty good! My family and I really enjoyed it! I stuck directly to your recipe other than changing the noodles. I used Rotini noodles...its all i had to work with, but all in all it turned out great. My oldest son is a very picky eater and he cleaned his plate! The only thing i might try next time is maybe adding a deep dish pizza crust on the bottom and then layer up from that. It was just missing a little something for me, although im sure i wouldve enjoyed it more if i couldve used the onions and mushrooms..my fam is not a fav of that. Anyway, thank you for sharing! I will definitely try it again.Reply
When I first found this recipe, I knew we'd like it, but I wasn't really expecting this to be voted a "WOW" meal by the kids. My boys are both well over 6 feet tall, and very healthy eaters - and I have never seen them clean a plate as fast as they did with this casserole! This is the best kind of recipe - cheap, easy and insanely delicious!Reply
Thanks so much for a great recipe! I made this for my hubby tonight--replacing the beef w/ lean ground turkey, used turkey pepperoni & low fat cheese. I used fresh mushrooms & whole wheat pasta, too. It was so tasty, easy & much like lasagna but I didn't feel like doing all that "layering" LOL. Thanks so much for sharing; he said he would love to have this again :-)Reply
see 17 more