Spicy Ground Turkey Enchiladas
photo by mystikal2314
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 8 small sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- 16 ounces salsa, chunky
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped, divided (optional)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can jalapeno peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans (or beans of your choice)
- 1 cup cooked rice (great idea for left over rice)
- 8 tortillas, whole wheat
- 2 cups cheese, divided (I recommend Mexican or Taco Blend)
- 6 ounces black olives, sliced for topping
- 8 ounces sour cream, for topping
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Begin to brown the ground turkey in a frying pan. (make sure it is big enough to fit the rest of the diced vegetables).
- Stir in all the veggies and let them cook down.
- Add the taco seasoning mix as directed on the package. If you like cilantro you can add it to your taste at this point.
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Once the meat is cooked and the veggies have softened, you can add the canned peppers, beans, corn and about 1/4 of the salsa.
- Lightly grease the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Fill each tortilla with turkey mixture and your cooked rice and sprinkle with cheese before folding.
- Fold tortillas over the filling and place seam-side down in the prepared pan.
- Pour the rest of your salsa over the top evenly over the enchiladas. Cover with the remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle the reserved chopped green chilies and the sliced olives on top of the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 25 -30 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and fresh chopped cilantro and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!